Old February 10th 17, 06:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Default Pigeon poo protection

On 10/02/17 05:38, Bill Wright wrote:
On 10/02/2017 00:12, Indy Jess John wrote:

Maybe some parts of an aerial were more susceptible than others to such
damage, but all metal parts will eventually succumb to corrosion caused
by pigeons.

Strangely enough I didn't notice it between 1967 and 2015 when I was an
aerial installer.

Bill

I'd just been thinking more-or-less the same thing. Why aren't there
collapsed aerials all over the place? Vast numbers of pigeons are in
every town and city, often to be see on aerials And not just pigeons -
all sorts of birds. I can't believe it's only PS which is corrosive.

Maybe other sources of corrosion (acid rain, etc) should be considered,
too. Long, old thread here on effect of corrosion on aerial function.
Oddly enough, no mention of birds at all!
http://www.dxmaps.com/discuss/aluminium.html

--

Jeff