Old February 6th 17, 07:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

Default Radio 2

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 08:20:03 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

OK not tv, but they do have it on freeview.
Note that they have gotten rid of After Midnight real live programming and
seem to be using a kind of Jukebox software to present what they call radio
2 playlists, withe plugs and comments obviously recorded and slipped into
the right places by software.
OK they run old versions of popular programs from the previous week as
well, but is this just a cost cutting thing?
You can hear this kind of stuff on other stations on DAB and Freeview. it
seems to me that they are undervaluing the people who work nights and want
something live to listen to.
Brian

I believe this was discussed fully on 'Feedback' but have still to
listen. From what I gather, there are significant budget cuts and an
'automated' service was considered preferable to ending 24 hour
broadcasting. I think he also said that the audience increased when
they started the 3 am repeat. You should listen.