Old February 4th 17, 12:52 PM posted to
Default 700 MHz clearance starts March 1

"Scott" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 11:04:14 -0000, "Woody"

"NY" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
"Scott" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 09:48:43 +0000, Mark Carver

At Selkirk, for BBC A.

Nice of Ofcom et al to give plenty of notice (less than 4 weeks)
that many viewers' aerials will require replacement (at the
own expense ?). pdf

When they say 'a small proportion of group C/D aerials may need
updated', do they mean a small proportion of all the aerials (ie,
those that are group C/D) or do they meal all group C/D aerials?

Also what is 'T (wideband)'? I thought 'W' was wideband.

When new aerials are fitted nowadays, are they still tuned to a
range of channels (even if not as small a range as they used to
or are they all wideband nowadays, suitable for whatever changes
Ofcom may make in the future?

Actually they have dropped one there. W is wideband - 21-68 -
T-band is 21-60 which is what ought to be being used almost
since 800MHz was cleared.

What they should have advised is K-band (which may or may not be
available) which is 21-48 (so 49 won't be a problem) that now ought
be the preferred post 700MHz clearance.

Interesting. On a note of self-interest, struggling to find any
details for Blackhill. I have a Group B aerial at present. I am
hoping I may be okay as the drift seems to be in a downward
(The reality is if I keep the main HD multiplex nothing else matters

You really need to go to wideband as BH uses 51 for local TV which
will have to move, but already has Com7/8 down in the 30's.

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com