Old February 4th 17, 11:23 AM posted to
Default 700 MHz clearance starts March 1

On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 11:04:14 -0000, "Woody"

"NY" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
"Scott" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 09:48:43 +0000, Mark Carver

At Selkirk, for BBC A.

Nice of Ofcom et al to give plenty of notice (less than 4 weeks)
that many viewers' aerials will require replacement (at the
own expense ?). pdf

When they say 'a small proportion of group C/D aerials may need to
updated', do they mean a small proportion of all the aerials (ie,
those that are group C/D) or do they meal all group C/D aerials?

Also what is 'T (wideband)'? I thought 'W' was wideband.

When new aerials are fitted nowadays, are they still tuned to a
range of channels (even if not as small a range as they used to be)
or are they all wideband nowadays, suitable for whatever changes
Ofcom may make in the future?

Actually they have dropped one there. W is wideband - 21-68 - whereas
T-band is 21-60 which is what ought to be being used almost everywhere
since 800MHz was cleared.

What they should have advised is K-band (which may or may not be
available) which is 21-48 (so 49 won't be a problem) that now ought to
be the preferred post 700MHz clearance.

Interesting. On a note of self-interest, struggling to find any
details for Blackhill. I have a Group B aerial at present. I am
hoping I may be okay as the drift seems to be in a downward direction.
(The reality is if I keep the main HD multiplex nothing else matters