Old November 28th 16, 10:11 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

Default Lack of logic grumble - Humax Freesat HD

On 28/11/2016 09:02, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 27 Nov 2016 18:37:50 +0000, wrote:

On 27 Nov 2016 17:46:18 GMT
wrote:

Hunkered down in bed last night watching some Channel 4 On Demand;
working my way through the 2016 UK Rally Series. Wired Gigabit
Ethernet in the bedroom has its advantages.

When I was on about my 4th episode I got an on-screen prompt telling
me that I hadn't used the box controller for 3 hours and did I want
to power down or stay on.

I wasn't aware that I was using my obvious psychic ability to cue up
the individual recordings.

Software "feature" no doubt.

Grump

Dave R

I can be watching a recorded programme on my Humax and it will ask me if
I want it to shut down in one minute's time.

That's because either you or it turned the timer on. I've had it happen once.
I've never used the timer.

Some Humax boxes come defaulted to turn off after a period of
inactivity, without actually defining what "inactivity" consists of.
It can be reset to "never" or to a longer period so that it doesn't turn
off before the end of a long programme.

Check the menus to see if your box is one of them.

Jim