Old December 7th 09, 04:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul D.Smith[_2_]

Default Faking SCART pin-8

"GTS" wrote in message

"Paul D.Smith" wrote in message
I have a Nintendo Wii which does not drive the pin-8 select pin on a
SCART. It's otherwise a standard RGB wired cable. Is there any simple way
to fake/drive pin-8 using a SCART socket/plug plus a few components?

Thanks,
Paul DS.

I wired one of these up myself once - I purchased a battery holder for a
6v lighter battery, soldered the negative power to the SCART lead earth
and the positive first to a simple push-button 'door-bell' switch and from
there to pin 8. Pushing the switch made the TV switch to the SCART
socket..
However this was only needed because the crazy Toshiba CRT I was using had
no method of manually selecting an input - surely there are no such models
around now?

I was hoping there might be a more automatic method, perhaps drawing power
off the various other lines available in the SCART. It's an interesting
idea though and far simpler than the hoops I sometimes have to go through at
present.

I suppose I need to take a good look at the Wii SCART socket and see which
pins are actually present and wired up - if it's possible to tell

Paul DS