Old October 11th 06, 10:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Heslop

Default How will it happen? Anologue off, digital on?

David wrote:

There is a great thread going on digital high power.
But I'm wondering how it will happen.

Take Emley Moor for an example.
Present high power anologue, possible reduction in power nearer we get to
switch off in order to make the equipment last untill switch off day.
Present low power digital transmitters.
Future new high power equipment supplied, does it get tested once installed?
( would present anologue/digital go off for these tests.)
At say midnight on the appointed day, the anolgue/digital go off and the new
digital go on?

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

One day it'll be there, next, yank, plug's pulled and anyone sitting
at home without a digibox will be going "What the fu....." :O)

--
Paul (why dont you call me i feel like flying in two)
Stop and Look